We would like to inform you, that the previously announced curfew restriction has been modified by the Hungarian Government and will remain in force until further notice.
As per the new amendment, with the exception of Pest county and Budapest, the curfew restriction will be lifted as of 4th May 2020. From now on, the gradual easing of restrictions due to the coronavirus epidemic will begin throughout the country, but the restrictions will remain in force in Budapest and Pest County due to the high number of infections in the area.
This means that as of today, the following changes are in effect:
- social contact should be kept to a minimum, a minimum distance of 1.5 meters must be kept in public;
- it is mandatory to wear a mask or scarf fully covering the mouth and nose in shops and on public transport throughout the whole country (ie both in Budapest, Pest County and other cities)
- outside the capital and Pest county, all shops can be open without restriction, but grocery stores, drugstores, pharmacies and medical aid stores still can only be visited by citizens over the age of 65 between 9:00-12:00
- outside the capital and Pest county, all beaches, open-air baths, open-air museums and zoos are allowed to reopen, furthermore all public areas, parks can be visited, restaurants can only welcome guests in their garden areas and terraces
- outside the capital and Pest county, religious ceremonies, civil marriages and funerals can be held, as well as closed-door sports events without spectators, participation in trainings is also allowed
- students visiting higher education institutions can be decided on individually by universities, but the use of student dormitories remains prohibited (except those who have been already staying in dormitories).
Please bear in mind that people living in Budapest and Pest County can still only leave their homes for well-founded reasons, grocery stores, drugstores and pharmacies can operate as usual, all other stores close at 15:00.
Failure to comply with the above shall be considered a violation by the Government, therefore please pay special attention to follow these measures. For further information regarding the special measures applying to Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders please follow our latest news at tka.hu/news
Thank you for your cooperation and we wish you good health!