Dear Scholarship holders,
We would like to inform you about the latest COVID-19 related restrictions that are in effect as of 8 March in Hungary.
The government has announced new lockdown measures to combat a third wave of coronavirus infections. Under the new restrictions:
- All shops, with the exception of grocery stores, drugstores, pharmacies, gas stations, post offices, banks and tobacco shops must remain closed for a two-week period beginning March 8.
- Between March 8 and 22, all services, except private healthcare services, must remain closed.
- Higher education will continue to go online.
- Nurseries, kindergartens, primary, and secondary schools will be closed until April 7.
- The existing 8pm – 5am curfew will remain in effect; nonessential movement is prohibited during these hours.
- Public gatherings are prohibited; family gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 people, with funerals being capped at 50 attendees.
- Fitness centers and gyms have to close as well. Professional athletes must compete behind closed doors.
- Parks and arboretums will continue to be open, and outdoor sports activities are still permitted in the case of sports where the minimum 1.5-meter distance can be kept.
- The use of masks outdoors is mandatory everywhere!
- Restaurants, cafés, bars, and clubs are closed. Only take-out and delivery service is permitted.
- Hotels can only receive guests travelling for business purposes, not for tourism.
- Leisure facilities remain closed, including museums, theatres, gyms, swimming pools, cinemas and zoos.
- Entry to Hungary is generally only permitted for Hungarian citizens and residents and their immediate families; exceptions may be granted for essential work and study purposes or urgent health or family reasons. All permitted incoming travelers are subject to health screening on arrival and must self-isolate for 10 days unless otherwise indicated. Self-isolation can be ended early if the individual can provide proof of two negative PCR COVID-19 tests taken within 2-5 days of each other. The first test can be performed in Hungary, a Schengen Area state, the US, or Canada; the second test must be performed in Hungary. The restrictions do not apply to transport workers, diplomatic officials, and business travelers returning from certain countries.
We ask you to pay close and careful attention to social distancing and health and safety measures to keep yourselves as well as others safe.
We will do our best to keep you updated. You are requested to pay continuous attention to the information you receive from us, your university, and via the Neptun system. In addition, please check the stipendiumhungaricum.hu and tka.hu/english websites as well regularly for updates.
Thank you for your cooperation and we wish you good health!